Study abroad and gain important experience!
Have you already thought about spending part of your studies abroad? Studying abroad offers the opportunity to broaden your horizons, improve your language skills and get to know a new culture. Education has always been an international discipline. Therefore, the Institute of Educational Science and the Institute of Education and Culture maintain many relationships with other universities. Under the Erasmus+ program, you can study at one of these universities in another European country.
ERASMUS de is part of the "EU Lifelong Learning Program - LLP" and concerns the field of higher education.
Information on other programs and funding opportunities can be found at the International Office de.
The Institute of Educational Science offers the following subject-internal exchange opportunities at partner universities:
Participation requirements and application
- are fully enrolled in the Educational Science program at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena
- have completed at least your first year of study
- have language skills in the working language abroad (at least B1/ B2 level)
- Erasmus application form de
- letter of motivation (motivation for a stay abroad and the chosen universit; in German)
- curriculum vitae (in German)
- Abitur certificate or proof of a comparable school-leaving qualification
- previously acquired study certificates - if necessary, these have to be requested from the examination office of the faculty, otherwise Friedolin printout
- proof of foreign language skills (working language: at least B1/ B2 level)
- a letter of recommendation from a lecturer may support the application, but is not a mandatory requirement.
Please submit the application documents as loose sheets (if necessary in a foil).
Applications will be considered according to the date of reception, provided that the formal requirements are fulfilled and the subject requirements are the same. Core subject students (BA) of Educational Science have priority.
Notes on the language certificate
- It is best to already have the required level of the language of instruction at the time of application, but it is required at the latest before beginning your studies abroad.
- The FSU Language Center offers language courses in: English, Finnish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Czech, etc.
Get informed early!
Selection criteria and weighting
30% language skills
20% academic performance
10% form of application
- Interested students apply by January 15.
- Suitable students will be selected in the department and notified in writing of the success of the application.
- Selected students must formally accept their place (see acceptance declaration IO formsExternal link)
- Afterwards, the International Office of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena and the respective partner university is notified about the Erasmus students. The latter usually contacts the students directly.
- Selected students fill out corresponding "Erasmus application forms" of the respective host university (mostly online forms and available from March/April on websites of the host university).
- The International Office advises about further procedures and offers in an orientational event at the beginning of the summer semester (invitation by the IO via email).
Application date and contact
January 15 (for the following winter semester and the summer semester after) to:
Am Planetarium 4, 07743 Jena
Phone: 03641 9 45300
Office hours: on request